What is Total Air Analysis?
Total air analysis uses Air-O-Cell, Micro-5, or Allergenco-D cassettes to conduct a thorough qualitative and quantitative analysis of fungal spores and environmental particles. The goal is to identify any potential hazards to human health. This type of testing is absolutely vital to create a clear picture of what microbes are in the air. While there is always some percentage present, this will identify whether or not further actions must be taken. The results will help identify microbes down to the genus level and provide calculated values for spore and particle concentration per cubic meter of the sampled air. Results will also provide a visual comparison of indoor versus outdoor particles.
The Benefits of Total Air Analysis Versus Other Air Sampling Methods
Not only does total air analysis provide incredibly thorough results, it’s actually quite simple to gather the samples necessary for analysis. Using air sampling cassettes is considered to be one of the fastest and easiest ways to get an accurate result. Some other benefits are:
- Total air analysis tools can be applied to virtually any environment
- Eliminates the loss of sample viability that sometimes happens from vibrations, static changes, or damages during shipping
- No cross-contamination possible during collection or shipping process which happens with other air sampling devices
- The transparent and smooth form of the cassettes makes it possible to assess using direct light microscopy methods
- This sampling method is also compatible with a variety of assessment techniques that paints a clearer picture, or direct qualitative analysis of all biological and inorganic particles
- Variety of air sampling cassettes that will work with the air-sampling pump you have on hand (speak to your lab and let them know what tools you have so they can send the appropriate cassette)
There are other air sampling techniques you can use, but this one is one of the most popular because of its effectiveness and simplicity.
What Can Total Air Analysis Identify?
You can use this on any part of the property to check for an array of microbes. Total air analysis will look for:
- Mold spores
- Insect parts
- Combustion emissions
- Plant fragments
- Skin cell fragments
- Dust mites
- Fly ash
- Inorganic dust
If you have specific concerns please talk to your local lab tech and let them know. All sampling materials will come with instructions for use and packaging materials so the contents will not be impacted during shipping.
Total Air Analysis Sampling Materials
At SanAir Technologies Laboratory, we can overnight any necessary testing materials depending on what you need. Whether you need your yearly analysis or are measuring the damage after a flood or burst pipe, we can send you the correct materials that will work for you. Call us at 888-895-1177 to speak to an expert about the type of testing you need for your property.