Centek Chemist – Syracuse, NY
Centek Laboratories is looking to fill a full-time position in our Volatile (VOC) Organics department. We
are seeking a Laboratory Chemist with GC and/or GC/MS experience along with being familiar with
The Laboratory Chemist will work directly with the Senior Analyst to execute sample analysis for TO-15
and TO-17 analysis using GC and GC/MS instrumentation. The candidate will also be assisting the
gravimetric department along with our calibration department using robotic systems.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis of air samples in the environmental, LEED and Biogas industry following EPA
method TO-15 and TO-17 protocol
- Will assist with the gravimetric department in weighing of particulate samples
- Will also require some maintenance and preparation of precision sampling equipment using
- Maintaining proper QA/QC lab protocol.
- Will involve data review, validation and reporting.
- Cleaning and maintenance of lab equipment.
- Troubleshooting problem issues.
- Responsible for general housekeeping in work area.
- Will complete other tasks and duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Physical Science
- One to two years of previous lab experience preferred must have some experience working in a
- Previous background and experience in GC and/or GC/MS analysis.
- Must be able to work independently and have excellent organization skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced setting, multi-task, and prioritize assignments
- Have good communication, computer and typing, skills
- Familiarity with NELAC and ISO 17025 quality system standards a plus
- Be extremely reliable and punctual
- Be able to work independently and take initiative
- Fulltime position
- Must be available to work overtime and occasional weekends as necessary
- Company Sponsored Benefits: (Eligible 1st of the month following 60th day of employment)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life / AD&D
- Paid Time Off