Chemistry Analysts – N. Chesterfield, VA
The Chemistry Analyst performs environmental analyses on a variety of matrices using standard analytical techniques in compliance with established laboratory Quality Assurance programs and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Full time position, 35 – 40 hours/week
- Must be available to work overtime and occasional weekends as necessary
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Performs routine laboratory tasks using specified methods, practices, and instrument programs. These include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and analyses of Metals samples using standard analytical techniques
- Compliance with all SOPS and in-house policies
- Calculating data and accurate results entry in LIMS
- Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the technical manager
- Performing and recording routine maintenance of equipment and instruments
- Ensuring equipment are functional prior to use
- Routine quality control and quality assurance checks on laboratory equipment
- Conforming to laboratory QA/QC practices
- Disposal of chemical waste according to EPA requirements
2. Ability to quickly organize and prioritize workload.
3. Proficient on complex instrumentation including; FLAA, ICP, mercury analyzer, and instrument specific data systems.
4. Responsible for general housekeeping in work area.
- B.S. Chemistry / Biology or minimum 12 credits in chemistry or other related science field.
- Minimum of two years’ laboratory experience
- AIHA Metals or Industrial Hygiene experience preferred
Previous production-oriented and laboratory experience preferred (awareness and ability to meet time sensitive deadlines):
- Analytical and/or general science
- Scientific methods and method compliance
- Strong mathematics/statistical background
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of general laboratory practice, procedures, and chemical hazards/safety