Chemistry Prep Analysts – N. Chesterfield, VA
The Chemistry Prep Analyst performs environmental analyses on a variety of matrices using standard
analytical techniques in compliance with established laboratory Quality Assurance programs and
Standard Operating Procedures.
- Fulltime position, 35 – 40 hours/week
- Must be available to work overtime and occasional weekends as necessary
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs routine laboratory tasks using specified methods, practices, and instrument programs.
These include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of samples using standard analytical techniques
- Performing chemical analyses using standard analytical techniques
- Calculating data
- Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the technical manager
- Performing routine maintenance of instruments
- Conforming to laboratory QA/QC practices
- Disposal of chemical waste according to EPA requirements
- Ability to quickly organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to become proficient on complex instrumentation including; FLAA, ICP, mercury analyzer, and
instrument specific data systems.
- Responsible for general housekeeping in work area.
- B.S. Chemistry / Biology or minimum 12 credits in chemistry or other related science field.
- 2 – 3 years laboratory experience.
- AIHA Metals experience preferred
Previous production-oriented and laboratory experience preferred (awareness and ability to meet time
- Analytical and/or general science
- Scientific methods and method compliance
- Strong mathematics background
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of general laboratory practice, procedures, and chemical hazards/safety