The Chemistry Prep Technician prepares environmental analyses on a variety of matrices using standard analytical techniques in compliance with established laboratory Quality Assurance programs and Standard Operating Procedures.
– Must be available to work overtime and occasional weekends as necessary
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of metals samples using standard analytical prep techniques and Methods
- Preparation of routine quality control using standard analytical techniques
- Calculating data
- Recording and reporting data any unusual prep occurrences to the technical manager
- Performing routine maintenance of equipment and record maintenance on logs.
- Conforming to laboratory QA/QC practices
- Disposal of chemical waste according to EPA requirements
2. Ability to quickly organize and prioritize workload.
3. Ability to become proficient on complex instrumentation including; FLAA, ICP, mercury analyzer, and instrument specific data systems.
4. Responsible for general housekeeping in work area.
- B.S. Chemistry / Biology or minimum 12 credits in chemistry or other related science field.
- 1 – 2 years environmental laboratory experience.
- AIHA Metals experience preferred
- Analytical and/or general science
- Scientific methods and method compliance
- Strong mathematics background
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures
- Knowledge of general laboratory practice, procedures, and chemical hazards/safety
Email your resume and salary requirement. No phone calls please.