Environmental Microbiology Analyst – N. Chesterfield, VA
SanAir Technologies Laboratory, Inc. has a position available for a Microbiology Analyst. Our
environmental testing laboratory offers multiple services such as asbestos, chemistry and lead,
microbiology identification, and forensic testing. Our labs are growing, and we are looking to hire long-
term to accommodate recent expansion and growth.
- Applicants must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science.
- Prior analysis experience preferred.
- Analysts must be able to utilize a microscope and computer for microbial identifications
and data entry.
- Preparation of samples for analysis.
- Identification and quantification of bacterial and fungal isolates by biochemical analysis,
macroscopic and microscopic morphology.
- Examination of air, bulk, and surface samples for fungal identification and enumeration.
- Assist with customer service issues, evaluate results, and data interpretation.
- Routine quality control.
- Testing all reagents and stains with a standard, and testing all media and fluids per lot,
day, or job for contamination and proper aseptic techniques.
- Competitive pay based on experience.