Inexperienced Asbestos TEM / PCM Analysts – Cincinnati, OH
SanAir Technologies Laboratory, Inc. has multiple positions available for TEM / PCM Analysts. Our environmental testing
laboratory offers multiple services such as asbestos, chemistry and lead, microbiology identification, and forensic
testing. Our labs are growing, and we are looking to hire long-term to accommodate recent expansion and growth.
- Sample processing, documentation, and preparation.
- Analysis of bulk and air for asbestos mineral fibers using TEM Transmission Electron Microscopy
- Quantification of asbestos present, and identification of additional natural/artificial sample components
- Document asbestos findings and characteristics in Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Implementation of quality control procedures
- Adherence to lab safety protocols
- Adherence to EPA, NVLAP, ELAP, OSHA, and NIOSH standards for asbestos identification
- Prep PCM slides, read QC and perform fiber counting per NIOSH 7400 Method.
- Must have an undergraduate degree in Physics, Environmental Sciences, related science, or TEM Asbestos training
- Geology and/or Mineralogy background a plus.
- Must adhere to lab safety protocols and implement safety measures such as fume hoods, PPE, and sample containment
- Must have good communication skills, be able to multi-task in high pace environment, and willing to work extended
hours and occasional weekends when necessary
Preferred, but not required:
- 2 years of TEM or PCM experience in asbestos testing with knowledge of:
- NYELAP regulations, Canadian standards, NVLAP, ASTM D 6480 and 5575, CARB 435, Cincinnati methods, EPA
600 interim and R-93/116, and NIOSH 7400/7402/9002, and AHERA regulations
- PCM analyst must have NIOSH 582 certificate
- Courses in mineralogy, petrology, sedimentology, or materials science
- Research assistant or undergraduate research involving metamorphic petrology, microscopy sample prep, and mineral
- Experience with both TEM/PCM analysis. (Training will be provided should candidate only have experience with one of
- Paid vacation and holidays (annual leave increases with years of experience)
- Annual profit sharing
- Employer funded Health Saving Account
- Medical, Dental, 401(k) and 401k matching, Voluntary Benefits, Life Insurance
- Time and a half pay for overtime hours
- Relocation assistance
- Equal opportunity employer