- High School diploma. Associates Degree in Life Science or related field a plus.
- 1-2 years of previous academic or commercial lab experience preferred.
- No experience necessary. Training is available.
- M-F 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Limited overtime and/or rotating weekend shift when necessary.
- Logging in and prepping samples for analysis of fibers and minerals in air, bulk, and dust.
- Making slides for phase contrast.
- Coating slides for electron microscopy.
- Maintenance and cleaning of crucibles and equipment.
- Organization of supplies.
- Cross train in other departments when necessary
- Legible handwriting.
- Ability to multi-task and focus in a busy and high paced environment to meet rapid deadlines and turnaround times.
- Ability to adhere to Quality Assurance / Quality Control procedures.
- Data entry tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Healthcare, dental, and paid vacation days. No phone calls.